7 Day Cod Hole, Coral Sea & Ribbon Reefs Liveaboard
SPIRIT OF FREEDOM is a luxury dive cruiser offering a level of comfort to satisfy the most discerning dive traveler. At 37 metres the Spirit is one of Australia's largest live-aboard dive vessels, and features electronic stabilisers, wide screen TV/ DVD, comfortable lounge areas, sun decks, and spacious cabins with en-suite bathrooms.
With classic lines, white exterior, polished timber and chrome, gourmet meals and an outstanding level of service, the atmosphere is more like a private motor yacht than a dive boat!
Join Spirit of Freedom 7 days and nights diving the two diverse eco systems of the Great Barrier Reef and the Coral Sea. Your cruise will include the Ribbon Reefs, the 'Cod Hole' a chance to explore Lizard Island, Osprey and possibly Bougainville Reef, Coral Sea.
The first part of your tour will include the magical Ribbon Reefs, the 'Cod Hole', and a chance to explore Lizard Island. On the second part of the cruise we will travel to Osprey Reef inn the Coral Sea to dive its sheer walls and experience the shark dive at 'North Horn'.
- 1 x Ocean View Deluxe: Very large cabin, with double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, 2 bed side tables, TV/DVD, CD stereo
- 1 x Ocean View: Smaller cabin with double bed, wardrobe, 1 bedside table, TV/VCR, CD stereo
- 1 x Stateroom: Very spacious cabin with queen bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, 2 bedside tables, TV/DVD, CD
- 7 x Double or Twin: Double bed with single over, wardrobe, 1 bedside table
- 2 x Quad Share: 4 single beds, bunk style, wardrobe
- Departs Cairns 12:00 noon Monday
- Returns Cairns 7:00am Monday
- Monday: Board Spirit of Freedom at 11:15am at Trinity Wharf (complimentary transfers from Cairns city hotels are available) for a 12 noon departure. Lunch will be served on board while we cruise to the Great Barrier Reef for an afternoon orientation dive and a twilight or night dive.
- Tuesday: Today we may dive the amazing Steve's Bommie, Clam gardens, Flare Point and the beautiful Gorgonia Wall and other sites on middle Ribbon Reefs.
- Wednesday: This morning we will dive the Cod Hole. This is a popular dive site famous for it's resident family of large Potato Cod, (Groper). We may also dive Dynamite Pass, Lighthouse Bommie, Challenger Bay, and Pixie Wall. This evening we overnight at Watson's Bay on Lizard Island.
- Thursday: This morning some of our guests will depart at Lizard Island and some new guests will join us. There will be time for a morning walk on the island. This afternoon we will have the opportunity for two dives at a choice of sites such as the Cod Hole, Pixie Pinnacle and Challenger Bay before departing in the evening for the Coral Sea.
- Friday & Saturday: Osprey Reef. Australia's Coral Sea reefs are renown for crystal clear water with average visibility in excess of 100 feet. Two days can be spent diving at Osprey Reef, including North Horn, well known for its shark action. You can expect to see grey whalers, silvertips, reef sharks, occasional hammerheads, schooling barracuda, trevally, and other pelagics. The landscape is amazing with sheer walls laced with gorgonians, sea whips, and bright yellow soft corals, rising from thousands of feet below.
- Sunday Option 1: Still in the Coral Sea, weather depending we will dive Bougainville Reef.
- Sunday Option 2: Today we return to the Ribbon Reefs # 3 to 5 to dive sites such as the sensational Steve's Bommie, Temple of Doom, and Flare Point. On Sunday evening we will cruise overnight back to Cairns
- Monday: Arrive Cairns approximately 06:30am. Breakfast will be served on board and hotel transfer will be arranged for approx 07:30am.
This itinerary is a sample only and sites may vary or the sequence may change. Access to the Cod Hole and the Coral Sea is weather conditional and while every attempt will be made to keep to the advertised itinerary, the Coral Sea and specific sites on the Great Barrier Reef are not guaranteed.
- Transfers to/ from Cairns city accommodation
- Opportunity for up to 27 dives
- En-suite cabin with daily service
- Chef prepared meals
- Australian wines & soft drinks with evening meals
- Since there is no flight involved in the 7 night trip, there are no limitations on luggage
- Diver experience recommendation: Advanced Diver certification with minimum 20 ocean dives including 5 dives in the last 12 month.
- Less experience may result in limited diving due to environmental conditions and remote isolation of dive site. We recommend a refresher course prior to your trip.
- 7 day equiptment rental - $245
- 7 day Nitrox fills - $180
- Advanced course - $265
- Nitrox course - $295
- PADI Accident & Evacuation Insurance
Optional Extra Prices are valid from 01/07/15 - 30/06/17
- 20% cancellation fee applies with less than 60 days notice
- 100% cancellation fee applies with 21 days or less notice
|Ocean View Deluxe||$5,325.00|
|Ocean View Standard||$4,900.00|
|Ocean View Deluxe||$5,500.00|
|Ocean View Standard||$5,075.00|
* Prices valid from 01 April to 31 March
** Extra Charge: This additional fee includes a Government Environmental Management Charge as well as Port Departure Tax and administration costs.
Rates are per person and in Australian Dollars (Currency Converter).